You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Togo to 130+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
- How do I pay for my transfer?
- How much can I send?
- What type of document do you accept to verify my identity?
- Why do I need to provide an ID?
- How can I send you my ID?
- Where can I transfer money to?
How do I pay for my transfer?
When sending money you can pay for your transfer using:
- Bank Transfer, when sending from Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Togo
- Mobile Money, when sending from Senegal
Note that the bank account or mobile money account you will use to pay for your transfer should be registered under the same name used for your WorldRemit account.
How much can I send?
As per local financial regulations, the maximum amount you can send per day and per transfer is as follows and varies according to the countries you are sending money to:
WAEMU countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte D'Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo
CEMAC countries: Cameroon, Chad, the Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and the Republic of Congo
Rest of the world
What type of document do you accept to verify my identity?
We accept the following official identity documents to verify your personal details:
- Benin - Passport
- Togo - Passport
- Burkina Faso - Passport
- Senegal - Passport, National ID
- Ivory Coast - Passport, Driving License, National ID
- Other countries - foreign Passports
To upload your photo ID now, click here
- It needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your full date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
- Please upload a high-quality image. If the image is unclear, we may ask you to upload another copy.
- We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document, we may ask for another copy.Your document needs to show your FULL name and FULL date of birth to be accepted.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification, we may be unable to complete your transfer.
If we ask you to verify your address, we need to see a bank statement or utility bill. The document you provide must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
To upload your address document now, click here.
Why do I need to provide an ID?
Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.
How can I send you my ID?
Please only use the secure links below to upload your documents for verification.
We kindly ask that you DO NOT email us your documents.
Doing so is likely to result in delays with processing your transaction as you will be requested to upload your documents again via the secure links mentioned above.
Where can I transfer money to?
You can transfer money to 130+ destinations in the world using the payout option most convenient for your recipient (eg. as mobile money transfer, cash pickup, bank transfer, airtime top up etc.). Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.