Send cash pickups to Sri Lanka
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Sri Lanka via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Sri Lanka?
You can select from one of the following network options when creating a transfer:
- Branches of Bank of Ceylon, Sampath Bank, National Development Bank, Hatton National Bank or Cargills Bank. Click here for locations.
When will funds be available to collect in Sri Lanka?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send cash pickups to in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) only.
How much can I send when sending cash pickups to Sri Lanka?
- Branches of Bank of Ceylon, Sampath Bank, National Development Bank , Hatton National Bank or Cargills Bank:
- Bank of Ceylon, Sampath Bank or Hatton National Bank: This depends on your send country and chosen payment method
- National Development Bank: A maximum of LKR 5,000,000 per transfer
- Cargills Bank: A maximum of LKR 1,000,000 per transfer
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Sri Lanka?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Sri Lanka?
Branches of Bank of Ceylon, Sampath Bank, National Development Bank, Hatton National Bank or Cargills Bank:
- Valid photo ID. This must be a government-issued photo ID, such as a passport, Sri Lankan driver’s licence, or National Identity Card.
- Quote “WorldRemit” and 8-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number.