What is airtime?
An airtime top-up is a payment made by you, via WorldRemit, to send credit to a recipient’s pre-paid mobile phone plan. This enables them to use the telecom network to send text messages, make phone calls and use mobile data.
The amount of airtime a top-up will give will vary as it is dependent on the local network provider. To obtain this information, you’ll need to get in touch with them.
How to send an airtime top-up abroad
Register for free on our website or download our app:
Once you’re registered and logged in, you can send an airtime top-up in a few simple steps:
- Choose to send to one of 130 countries then select Airtime as the transfer method
- Enter the recipient’s mobile number
- Select the amount you would like to send
- Pay for your transfer
Note: Airtime top-ups are normally added instantly but, very occasionally, there may be a small delay if there is an outage on the mobile network.
Why choose WorldRemit for airtime transfers?
- Airtime transfers are free and instant
- You can send airtime from the comfort of your own home, using your smartphone, tablet or computer
- You can transfer from as little as 1 USD
- You can pay via your bank account, debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay and more. See all payment methods
- Transfers with us are secure and available 24/7, 365 days a year
Once you have created an account with us, you can use it to send airtime or transfer money to over 130 countries via the following transfer methods:
No need to visit an agent. Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer
We use industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
90% of our transactions are completed in minutes
See our low fees and our best exchange rates up front, with no hidden costs