- Which mobile wallets in the Philippines can receive remittances sent via WorldRemit?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- How much can be sent to GCash, PayMaya and Coins.ph wallets via WorldRemit?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to the Philippines?
- What fees does my recipient pay in the Philippines?
- How to Send remittances to GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph wallet via WorldRemit?
- How to receive remittances from WorldRemit to GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallets?
Which mobile wallets in the Philippines can receive remittances sent via WorldRemit?
You may send to GCash, PayMaya and Coins.ph mobile wallets.
WorldRemit can facilitate immediate transfers to GCash, PayMaya and Coins.ph mobile wallets. These are the leading mobile wallet services in the Philippines that can be used to receive remittances sent via WorldRemit. Recipients in the Philippines may ask their senders to directly send funds into their GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallets.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- Speed: Same day.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
Philippine Pesos (PHP) only.
How much can be sent to GCash, PayMaya and Coins.ph wallets via WorldRemit?
- A maximum of PHP 50,000 per transfer.
- A maximum of PhP100,000 of total remittances and/or credits to the wallet per month (subject to mobile wallet operator's respective rules)
Your recipient’s Mobile Money wallets can have a maximum balance of PHP100,000 (subject to mobile wallet operators' respective rules) at any given time. Make sure that their Mobile Money wallet has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
For further information, kindly refer to the respective website, mobile app and/or customer service channels of GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to the Philippines?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active GCash/PayMaya/Coins.ph mobile money accounts only.
- GCash/PayMaya/Coins.ph are now available on all networks.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in the Philippines?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.
How to Send remittances to GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph wallet via WorldRemit?
Once registered at WorldRemit (via website or mobile app), the sender needs to choose "Philippines" as the receive country, then he/she must select "Send to Mobile Money" and choose the specific mobile wallet service (GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph). The sender will need to input the correct recipient details including the exact mobile wallet number (which is the same Philippine mobile number used by the Recipient in registering for his/her GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallet).
How to receive remittances from WorldRemit to GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallets?
In order to receive remittances into GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph wallets, the recipient needs to sign up or register via the respective mobile apps of GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph. These mobile wallet services will have their own verification processes that will lead to the creation of a GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallet. The recipient will need to inform his/her sender of the correct and fully-verified mobile wallet number (the Philippine mobile number used in registering for his/her mobile wallet), which the sender needs to nominate as the target account/mobile wallet number in sending via WorldRemit.
It is very important that the recipient ensures that his/her GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph mobile wallet is "fully-verified" or upgraded (see steps to fully-verify or upgrade wallets here: for GCash; for PayMaya; for Coins.ph) to allow international remittances to be credited to his/her GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph wallet. If the GCash, PayMaya or Coins.ph wallet is not fully-verified or upgraded, the sender's transaction will be automatically cancelled and the funds returned will be returned to the sender.