Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money to Philippines:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in the Philippines?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to the Philippines?
- What fees does my recipient pay in the Philippines?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in the Philippines?
You can send to Globe Cash (GCASH) mobile money accounts only.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
Philippine Pesos (PHP) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in the Philippines?
- A maximum of PHP 40,000 per transfer.
- A maximum of EUR 1,500 equivalent in PHP per 30 days.
- A maximum of 20 transactions over 30 days.
Your recipient’s Mobile Money account can have a maximum balance of PHP 40,000 at any given time. Make sure that their Mobile Money account has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to the Philippines?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active GCASH mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 10 digits in total (excluding country code). GCASH mobile money accounts begin with one of the following prefixes: 905, 906, 915, 916, 917, 926, 927, 935, 936, 937, 975, 976, 977, 995, 996, or 997 (e.g. 9051234567).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in the Philippines?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.