Standard Chartered Kenya
- The money will be available the next working day
- Transfer to US Dollar (USD) and Kenyan Shilling (KES) accounts
Transfer money to Chartered Bank in Kenya online
With WorldRemit, you can transfer money quickly and safely from your account to a Standard Chartered Bank current, savings or business account in Kenya. The funds will be credited within just one working day, making it a quick and convenient way to make payments and support loved ones living, working or travelling in Kenya.
Our super low fees and bank-beating exchange rates mean more of your money arrives in your recipient’s account. You can also send money in Kenyan Shillings or US Dollars, making this an excellent option for customers who want to save in hard currency or make bigger purchases such as property.
How to send money to Standard Chartered in Kenya?
You can send money to accounts with Standard Chartered Bank from more than 50 countries around the world using any device. All you need is our website or app and your recipient’s bank account details to complete the transfer. Then follow these steps:
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service in the ‘Send to’ calculator on this page
- Set the payout network to ‘Deposits to any KES account at any other bank’ or ‘Deposits to any USD account at any bank’ depending on the currency you want to send
- Enter the transfer amount – you’ll see our low fees and competitive exchange rates upfront
- Log in or create your free account if you haven’t already done so
- Enter your recipient’s details or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before
- Pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS notifications when the transfer has been made and the funds have been credited.
Please note: if you’re sending to a business account, please provide the appropriate reference so payments can be identified by your recipient e.g. invoice number, student name, etc.
What is the maximum limit for Standard Chartered international money transfers?
You can send a maximum of USD 19,000 or the equivalent in Kenyan Shillings per transfer. However, lower limits may apply depending on the country you make the transfer from and your payment method. In line with local regulations, we may ask to see a copy of your recipient’s ID for first-time transfers over USD 800.
What other transfer methods can you use to send money to Kenya?
Transferring money to Standard Chartered Bank might not be the most convenient way to send money to your loved ones in Kenya. For example, if your recipient needs the money urgently, our cash pickup and mobile money transfers are the fastest ways to send money, with the cash available in minutes.
- Bank transfer – As well as Standard Chartered, you can also make a bank transfer to all the major banks in Kenya including KCB, Barclays, Equity Bank, DTB, Co-operative Bank and more.
- Cash pickup – Send money to Kenya that can be collected by your recipient in cash from hundreds of pickup locations across the country.
- Mobile money – Make instant mobile money transfers to M-PESA and Equitel mobile money accounts.
- Airtime top up – Add airtime to mobile phones on the Yu, Safaricom, Airtel and Orange networks so you can stay in touch.