KCB Bank in Kenya is the largest commercial bank in the country, with more branches and more ATMs than any other bank. It serves more than 7 million account holders, many of whom receive regular remittances from abroad.
We have partnered with KCB Bank in Kenya to make it easier for the millions of Kenyans living and working abroad to send money back home to their families and friends. With the help of WorldRemit, making an international money transfer to Kenya has never been so quick, cheap or simple.
Send money to KCB Bank in Kenya
With WorldRemit you can transfer money to KCB Bank from more than 50 countries around the world. All you need is access to our website or app, and you can complete the transfer at any time, using any device. There are two different ways you can send money to KCB Bank – via bank transfer or cash pickup.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Kenya?
The fastest way to send money to Kenya is by using our cash pickup service. Once you’ve completed the transfer, the person you’re sending the money to will be able to collect the funds, in cash, from any branch of KCB Bank, within just minutes. Our bank transfer service is quick too, but funds are credited on the next working day.
How to send money for cash pickup to KCB Bank in Kenya
It’s quick and easy to send a cash pickup to KCB Bank in Kenya. However, it’s important to note that with this transfer method, you can only send Kenyan Shillings. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Cash Pickup’ service
- You’ll see our low fees and bank-beating exchange rate upfront
- Click ‘Send Money’ to proceed
- Enter the transfer amount
- Add your recipient’s details (please ensure the name you provide matches your recipient’s name on the government-issued ID they will use to collect the funds)
- Choose your payment method and pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email notifications when the funds are ready to collect
To collect the funds, your recipient must show one form of valid photo ID (Kenyan passport, driving licence, ID card or foreign passport with visa), quote ‘WorldRemit’ and provide the 8-digit transaction reference number we’ll send you both by SMS.
How to make a bank transfer to KCB Bank in Kenya
Bank transfer is one of our most convenient money transfer services, allowing you to send funds directly to a current, savings and business account with KCB Bank. The funds can be sent to either US Dollar (USD) or Kenyan Shilling (KES) accounts at super-low prices, which is good if you want to buy a home or save in hard currency.
It just takes a few seconds to create your free WorldRemit account. You can then follow these simple steps to complete your transfer:
- Select the ‘Bank Transfer’ tab on the calculator at the top of this page
- Choose the payout-network – in this case ‘Deposits to any KES account at any other bank’ or ‘Deposits to any USD account any other bank’, depending on whether you want to send Kenyan Shillings or US Dollars.
- Enter the amount you’d like to send
- Log in or create an account if you haven’t already
- Add the details or your recipient or select someone you’ve sent to before
- Pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS notifications when the funds have been credited
You can send a maximum of USD 19,000 or the KES equivalent per transfer. For first time transfers over USD 800, we may require a copy of your recipient’s ID.