Send cash pickup to Honduras
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Honduras via cash pick-up.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Honduras?
You can collect from any of the following branches:
- Elektra-B Azteca
- Banco Ficohsa
- Banco Atlántida
- Davivienda Honduras
Which countries can I send from when sending cash pickups to Honduras?
You can send from any of the WorldRemit send countries, except:
- Hong Kong
What currencies can I send when sending cash pickups to Honduras?
Honduran Lempira (HNL) only.
How much can I send when sending cash pickups to Honduras?
For all branches, you can send the following:
Limits by amount of a transaction:
- A maximum of HNL 31,000 per transfer.
- A maximum of HNL 222,000 per year.*
*Please note that recipients who are collecting from Davivienda and have an active Davivienda account may receive up to 800,000 HNL per year.
Limits by number of transactions:
- A maximum of 5 transactions per day
- A maximum of 50 transactions per year.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Honduras?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s state.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Honduras?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Honduran passport
- National ID card
- Driving licence
- Foreign passport
11-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please have your recipient quote this when collecting the funds.