- Which banks can I send to in Ethiopia?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Ethiopia?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Ethiopia?
Which banks can I send to in Ethiopia?
You can transfer money to Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Awash Bank Dashen Bank, NIB International Bank, Abay Bank, Addis International Bank, Cooperative Bank of Oromia, Bank of Abyssinia, Berhan Bank, Debub Global Bank, Bunna International and Wegagen Bank.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Ethiopia?
You can send to checking/current accounts, savings accounts and business accounts to all listed banks a part from Bank of Abyssinia.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
Usually within 1-2 working days. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Ethiopia?
The maximum that can be sent will be dependent on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the Payments section for more info about these limits.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Ethiopia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.