The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) is the largest commercial bank in Ethiopia. It has more than 1,200 branches across the country and more than 120 branches in the capital of Addis Ababa alone.
- Send to checking/current, savings and business accounts
- The funds will usually be credited within 1-2 working days
Bank transfers to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
With WorldRemit, you can transfer money online from your bank account to family, friends and businesses with accounts at the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia. To complete your Commercial Bank of Ethiopia money transfer, just use the WorldRemit website or app to enter a few details from your recipient, including their bank name, branch name and account number.
Once you have completed the transfer, the funds will be credited to your recipient’s account within 1-2 working days. You and your recipient will receive SMS or email alerts to let you know the transfer has been made.
Send money for cash pickup to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
A bank transfer is not the only way you can send money to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia. You can also use our secure transfer service to send money that can be collected in cash from any branch of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia across the country.
Once you’ve completed the transfer, your recipient will be notified that the cash is ready to collect within minutes of the transfer being made. Your recipient will be able to collect the cash by quoting their 13-digit transaction number and showing one form of valid photo ID.
How to transfer money to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
Whether you choose to send a bank transfer or money for cash pickup to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, the process at WorldRemit is fast, simple and secure. All you need to do is:
- Select ‘Bank Deposit’ or ‘Cash Pickup’ from the service options in the blue box on this page
- Tap in your transfer amount – you’ll be shown our low fees and competitive exchange rates upfront
- You’ll be redirected to a new page to create an account or log in if you haven’t already
- Add your recipient’s details or choose someone you’ve sent to before
- Choose your payment method and pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email alerts to let you know when the funds have been credited (bank transfer) or when the cash is ready to collect (cash pickup).
What’s the best way to send money to Ethiopia?
That depends on what the money is for and how your recipient wants to receive it. With WorldRemit, you can send money and airtime to Ethiopia in four different ways:
- Bank transfer – Transfer money to all the leading banks in Ethiopia and the funds will be credited in 1-2 working days. This is the only way to make business payments in Ethiopia, making it a popular way to pay a mortgage, school fees, bills, suppliers and more.
- Cash pickup – Sending money for cash pickup is one of the fastest ways to send money to Ethiopia. If your loved ones need money quickly, they’ll be able to collect it in cash from thousands of pickup locations across the country, usually within minutes of the transfer being made.
- Mobile money – Sending mobile money is one of the most convenient ways to send money to your loved ones. You can send money to any mobile number that’s registered for the CBE Birr service and the funds will be credited within one working day.
- Airtime top up – Finding it hard to keep in touch with family and friends in Ethiopia? You can use our airtime top up service to add credit/talktime to prepaid mobiles on the Ethio Telecom network from thousands of miles away.