Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to Ecuador:
- Which banks can I send to in Ecuador?
- Which countries can I send bank transfers from to Ecuador?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Ecuador?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Ecuador?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Ecuador?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Ecuador?
Which banks can I send to in Ecuador?
You can send transfers to Banco Guayaquil, Banco del Austro or any other bank accounts in Ecuador.
Which countries can I send bank transfers from to Ecuador?
You can send from any of the WorldRemit send countries listed here except:
- Hong Kong
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Ecuador?
Same day. If sending to Banco de Guayaquil, by the end of same working day.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Ecuador?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Ecuador?
The maximum you can send per transaction is USD 4,500.
If sending to Banco de Guayaquil:
- A maximum of $ 4,500 per transaction and per day
- A maximum of 10 transactions per day, per sender or recipient
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Ecuador?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s state.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) account number and (3) account type.
- Mobile number - We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional) - We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.