- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Dominican Republic?
- When will funds be available to be collect in Dominican Republic?
- What currencies can I send in Dominican Republic?
- How much can I send to Dominican Republic?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Dominican Republic?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Dominican Republic?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Dominican Republic?
From any branch of the listed Dominican Republic banks :
- Banco BHD
- Banco Promerica
- Banco De Reservas
- Banco Union
- Banco Del Progreso
When will funds be available to be collect in Dominican Republic?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send in Dominican Republic?
Dominican Peso (DOP) only.
How much can I send to Dominican Republic?
The maximum you can send per transaction is DOP 64,000.00
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Dominican Republic?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Dominican Republic?
Identification. This must be one of the following:
- National ID card
- Driving licence
Quote "BTS" and their 11-digit reference number when collecting money. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.