What is Daviplata?
It is Banco Davivienda’s mobile app completely free for Colombians (residents in Colombia) who want to receive their international transfers directly on their phones without having to visit a bank or authorized agent. It allows you to manage and save your money on your phone making transfers from anywhere in Colombia.
What are the benefits of using Daviplata?
- No need to pay 4x1000
- You can activate the app immediately
- No need for a bank account
- A maximum amount between 3 and 8 SMMLV
- No need to pay account management fees
- No use of Internet or data
- Available 24/7
How does Daviplata work?
Daviplata works like any bank account but on your mobile phone. It allows its users to do all kinds of bank transfers easily and conveniently. You can withdraw money from ATMs, make payments, buy in stores and online, save, transfer money to other accounts, make international transfers, access nano credits and microinsurance.
How to activate Daviplata on my mobile phone?
Activating Daviplata is very easy! No need for paperwork or documents. You can do it from your mobile phone by downloading the app or through your SIM. To activate your account just enter your identification number, your mobile number and follow the steps on the screen.
How to receive money on my Daviplata account?
- Through national and international transfers
How to withdraw money from my Daviplata account?
- From Davivienda ATMs
- From Daviplata’s cash pick-up locations
What services are available with Daviplata?
With Daviplata you can:
- Top-up mobile phones on any network
- Make purchases in allied stores identified with the Daviplata sticker, with a virtual card in national and international electronic stores
- Pay your bills or services from your mobile phone
- Receive money from abroad through direct payments to your Daviplata
- Withdraw cash from a Davivienda ATM
- Transfer money to another Daviplata, either to Davivienda’s savings or current accounts
- Apply for a nano credit, which is a low-amount credit offered by Davivienda to Daviplata clients. Credit is offered through a 100% digital process, all done from your mobile phone
What are the fees for using Daviplata?
Required fees depend on the service you choose:
- Cash deposit in service offices, multiservice ATMs or Davivienda’s correspondent banks as a third party has a cost of $4.000
- The fee for transfers from Davivienda’s accounts to Daviplata from the business portal and Pymes for a third party has a cost of $3.150 for each transfer to Daviplata
- Transferring money from Daviplata to products from another bank in Colombia has a cost of $1.800
- The rest of the services have no cost
How much money can I send or receive with Daviplata?
The money varies depending on the service you choose:
- You can make national transfers from $20.000 to $2.200.000
- You can receive up to the equivalent of 3 SMMLV in Colombian pesos in international transfers
- You can withdraw from $10.000 to $720.000 from your account
How can I send money to my Daviplata from abroad with WorldRemit?
With WorldRemit you can transfer money online to Colombia quickly, easily and safely to any bank account, Daviplata or to collect from an authorized agent in more than 2500 locations.
WorldRemit is on average 25% cheaper against Ria, Western Union and Moneygram (when sending $200). You receive low fees and bank-beating exchange rates on all money transfers to Colombia. Plus, you can sign up to our daily exchange rates notifications to make sure you get the best deal.
Our industry-leading technology protects your money and personal details. Whatever transfer type you choose, you can rest assured your money will reach your family and friends in Colombia.
Over 90% of our bank transfers to Colombia arrive in less than 10 minutes and more than 50% of our cash pickups are ready to collect in 24 hours from more than 2,500 locations.
With WorldRemit you can make bank transfers, send money to collect from an authorized agent, top-up your mobile phone and send money to accounts across the globe instantly.
Send money to Colombia from more than 50 countries choosing any of our services. Add your recipient’s details or choose from a list of people you’ve sent money to before. Pay for your transfer using a debit or credit card, bank transfer or Apple Pay/Android Pay, and more.
You can make your transfer using any device online and we’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email notifications so you know when the money is available.
No need to visit an agent. Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer
We use industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
90% of our transfers are ready in minutes
See our low fees and our best exchange rates up front, with no hidden costs