What’s the maximum limit for online money transfers to Cameroon?
There are different transfer limits for each of the payout options we offer. Those limits can change depending on the country you make the transfer from and your payment method. The following limits can be used as a guide:
- Bank Transfer – Currently you can only transfer money to UBA Bank Cameroon. There is a maximum limit of XAF 1,000,000 per transfer.
- Cash Pickup
- Branches of Banque Atlantique – XAF 5,000,000
- Branches of UBA – XAF 1,000,000
- Mobile Money – Send a maximum of XAF 1,000,000 per transfer to Express Union accounts. Your recipient’s Express Union account can accept up to XAF 1,000,000 per day.
- WorldRemit Wallet - Choose to send US dollars (USD) or Central African francs (XAF) to your recipient’s WorldRemit Wallet. The transfer limit will be determined by the country you send the money from and your payment method. You’ll be told if your intended transfer exceeds the limit when you enter it into our calculator.
- Airtime Top-Up – You’ll be presented a range of top-up amounts for mobiles on the Orange and MTN networks once you enter a valid phone
What currencies can you send to Cameroon?
The only currency you can send to Cameroon via our bank transfer, cash pickup and mobile money service is the Central African franc. You can choose to transfer either US dollars or the Central African franc to your recipient’s WorldRemit Wallet. We will convert your local currency before we process the transfer and show you the bank-beating exchange rate you’ll receive upfront.
How do you send mobile money to Cameroon?
You can only transfer money to Express Union mobile money accounts. We’ll need your recipient’s Express Union account number, their full name as registered on the account, their address and the sending reason. We’ll also ask for your recipient’s mobile phone number so we can send them an SMS alert once the funds have been credited.
It’s even easier with our app!
Download the WorldRemit app for Android and iOS to make transfers using any smart device. Track your transfers, receive real-time exchange rate updates and support your loved ones 24/7, whether you’re at home or on the move.