Sending money from Rwanda
You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Rwanda to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
How do I pay for my transfer in Rwanda?
When sending money from Rwanda, you can pay for your transfer using:
- Bank Account Transfer
- The maximum send amount per 24 hours is 1.5m Rwandan Francs
- The maximum send amount per transfer is 1.5m Rwandan Francs
- Click here for more information on bank account transfer payments.
- Use your online banking service to create a transfer to WorldRemit.
- Bank name: Cogebanque
- Account name: WorldRemit Rwanda Ltd
- Account number: 018-013900200169-42
- Important: If you choose this option, use your WorldRemit customer number as the bank transfer reference. e.g. WR012345.
- MTN mobile money wallet
- Go to your Momo pay menu, enter our merchant code 404040 and send us the exact amount to pay including your transfer amount plus the service fee.
- Note that your mobile wallet should be registered under the same name as your account at WorldRemit’s.
What type of document do you accept to verify my identity in Rwanda?
To verify your name and date of birth we will need one of the following:
- Rwandan ID document
- Foreign Passport
- Rwandan Driving License
To upload your photo ID now, click here
Your document needs to show your FULL name and FULL date of birth to be accepted.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification we may be unable to complete your transfer.
If we ask you to verify your address, we need to see a bank statement or utility bill. The document you provide must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
To upload your address document now, click here.
Why do I need to provide ID in Rwanda?
Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.
How can I send you my ID in Rwanda?
Please only use the secure links below to upload your documents for verification.
- To upload your photo ID and address document now, click here
We kindly ask that you DO NOT email us your documents.
Doing so is likely to result in delays with processing your transfer as you will be requested to upload your documents again via the secure links mentioned above.
Where can I transfer money to in Rwanda?
You can transfer money to 130+ destinations in the world using the payout option most convenient for your recipient (eg. as mobile money transfer, cash pickup, bank transfer, airtime top-up etc.). Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.
Is there anything else I need to know in Rwanda?
The type of document we require will depend on what we need to clarify.
1. If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your full date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
2. Please upload a high-quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask you to upload another copy.
3. We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.