Send mobile money to Sri Lanka
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Sri Lanka via mobile money.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Sri Lanka?
You can send to fully registered and active eZ Cash wallets for subscribers of Dialog, Etisalat, and Hutch.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited for mobile money in Sri Lanka?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send mobile money to Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) only.
How much can I send mobile money to Sri Lanka?
- A maximum of LKR 25,000 per transfer.
- A maximum of LKR 100,000 per 30 days.
Your recipient’s Mobile Money account can only have a maximum balance of LKR 10,000 at any given time for Classic Accounts and LKR 25,000 for Power Accounts. So make sure that their account has sufficient capacity for your transfer to go through.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending mobile money to Sri Lanka?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile Money account number: Fully registered and active eZ Cash wallets for subscribers of Dialog, Etisalat, and Hutch only.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be different from the mobile wallet number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay when sending mobile money to Sri Lanka?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.