Recommend WorldRemit‘s money transfer service to a friend
If you like WorldRemit, why not recommend us to a friend?
Once your friend has registered with us and sent at least the amount specified in the email entitled "Refer a friend and you’ll each get a reward" (Minimum Send Amount), you’ll each get an electronic voucher to put towards a future transfer. The value will be as stated in the email we send to you. Please note if your friend is in a different country, he/she will receive a voucher in the local currency equivalent.
But hurry – this promotion ends on Monday 14th November 2016.
How to recommend us to a friend:
1) Share your unique referral code with your friends.
If you are eligible to participate you will have received your referral code via email.
2) Ask your friends to enter this code in the referral code box when they register with WorldRemit.
This is important because it’s how we’ll know that you referred them and the code won’t work unless it’s entered when they register.
3) Once your friend has sent at least the Minimum Send Amount, you will both receive your electronic vouchers by email.
The Minimum Send Amount can be sent across as many transfers as your friend wishes.
Please note that your friend must have sent a total of at least the Minimum Send Amount by Monday 14th November 2016 at 6pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to qualify for this reward.
Frequently Asked Questions/ Promotion Rules
1) Where do I find my unique referral code?
If you are eligible for the promotion, we will have sent your unique referral code to you by email. WorldRemit is offering this promotion to selected customers on a trial basis; unfortunately, if you have not received this email, you are not eligible for the current promotion.
2) How do I share my unique referral code?
You can share your code in person, via social media, messaging services, email or any other way you choose to communicate. You should only share the code with people with whom you have an existing relationship with such as friends or family and ensure you do not spam your contacts or others (e.g. on forums or social media platforms). We suggest you explain why it is that you like WorldRemit at the same time.
3) Does my friend need to send the Minimum Send Amount in a single transaction?
No, your friend is free to send this amount (or more) over any number of money transfers. However you will only receive your vouchers once he/she has sent a total of at least the Minimum Send Amount by 6pm GMT on Monday 14th November 2016.
4) How many people can I recommend WorldRemit to under this offer?
As many as you like! However, please ensure you comply with the Promotion Rules below. In addition, each friend that you recommend will only be able to use one referral code
5) Is there a deadline for recommending WorldRemit?
As mentioned above, this is a limited time promotion. Your friend must have sent a total of the Minimum Send Amount or more by Monday 14th November 2016 at 6pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to qualify for a voucher.
6) How does my friend use my referral code?
Your friend must enter your unique referral code in the referral code box during the registration process. It is only possible to activate the code on sign-up and he/she does not need to enter the code again after this. In fact, the code won’t work if it’s used after sign-up so it is important it’s used it at that stage in order to qualify for a voucher.
7) My friend wants to sign up now and use my code later. Is that OK?
As mentioned above, the person you recommend WorldRemit to must use your unique referral code on sign-up. This is how we know you recommended us to them.
8) Who can I recommend WorldRemit to?
You can recommend us to anyone who doesn’t already have a WorldRemit account.
We are unable to reward referrals if our Promotion Rules haven’t been followed or if your friend already holds a WorldRemit account, has not sent at least the Minimum Send Amount in total by Monday 14th November 2016 at 6pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), or breaches our customer Terms and Conditions.
9) Is there an alternative to electronic vouchers?
We are not able to offer alternative rewards under this promotion.
10) How and when will we receive our rewards?
Once your friend has sent at least the Minimum Send Amount by Monday 14th November 2016 at 6pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), you and your friend will receive an electronic voucher from WorldRemit.
You and your friend will receive details of your electronic voucher via email to the address associated with your WorldRemit accounts.
We will aim to send all vouchers within 15 working days of the eligibility criteria described these FAQs being met.
11) I’ve recommended WorldRemit to a friend and they have sent more than the Minimum Send Amount. It’s been ages and I haven’t received my voucher. What should I do?
We’re sorry to hear that! First of all, please check your friend has successfully sent the equivalent of at least the Minimum Send Amount.
If so, please contact us at email@example.com with the email address associated with your WorldRemit account and customer number (if you know it). If your friend is also affected please ask your friend to contact us.
With those details we’ll look into why you (and your friend if applicable) haven’t received a voucher and get back to you ASAP.
12) Do the friends I recommend WorldRemit to have to be in a specific country?
You can refer friends sending money from any country from which WorldRemit supports money transfer. Please bear in mind that if your friend is overseas, his or her electronic voucher will be in local currency for use in his/her home country.
13) Does it matter where my friend sends money or which WorldRemit service they use?
Your friends can send money to any country and they can use any WorldRemit money transfer service to qualify. Please note that airtime top-up is not a money transfer service and therefore does not qualify for rewards.
14) Does it matter if my friend uses the WorldRemit website or mobile app?
Either (or a combination) is absolutely fine.
15) Promotion Rules
- We reserve the right to ask you and your friend for all necessary Know Your Customer related documentation to comply with our Know Your Customer obligations and protect against fraud.
- We reserve the right to reject or cancel a refer a friend request for any legitimate reason and in particular if we suspect that there has been any misuse of this promotion in any way. Misuse of the promotion can include but is not limited to:
o referring people in the same household as you;
o the person you refer qualifies for an electronic voucher by sending money back to you;
o creating multiple or non-genuine accounts;
o generating a number of electronic vouchers which is, in WorldRemit’s discretion, excessive and not in accordance with the spirit of this promotion;
o inviting existing WorldRemit customers; and
o the making of non-genuine payments.
16) What do I do if I have further questions?
If you have any further questions regarding our recommendation promotion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These FAQs and Promotion Rules are intended to be legally binding and are governed by English law. WorldRemit accepts no liability for any use of the Refer a Friend Promotion which does not comply with the answers to the FAQs and the Promotion Rules. We may revise the FAQs / Promotion Rules at any time by amending this page. Continued use of Refer a Friend shall amount to acceptance of the FAQs / Promotion Rules in force at that time. We reserve the right to alter, suspend or cancel this promotion at any time.