Send mobile money to Nigeria
Please note: our Mobile Money service to Nigeria is currently unavailable. However, you can still choose from Cash Pickup, Bank Transfer or Airtime Top up here.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Nigeria?
You can send to any of the following mobile money accounts:
- Paga Money
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
Any mobile account number belonging to any network can be registered as a OPay / Paga Money account with OPay / Paga Money.
To register with OPay or Paga Money your recipient will need (1) their name (2) an email address and (3) a phone number.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Nigeria?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Nigeria?
Nigerian Naira (NGN) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Nigeria?
There are different limits depending on the agreement you have with your mobile money provider.
- KYC 1
- Daily transaction limit of NGN 30,000 with a balance limit of NGN 300,000
- KYC 2
- Daily transaction limit of NGN 100,000 with a balance limit of NGN 500,000
- KYC 3
- Daily transaction limit of NGN 1,000,000 with an unlimited balance limit
What information do I need from my recipient to send to mobile money accounts in Nigeria?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active PagaTech Mobile Money accounts only.
- Length: 10 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Nigeria?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.