- Which banks can I send to in India?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in India?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in India?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in India?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in India?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to India?
Which banks can I send to in India?
You can transfer money to any bank in India.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in India?
You can send to checking/current, savings and business accounts.
Important: Indian regulations restrict our local partner from being able to process transfers to charitable foundations and trusts, religious organisations (including ashrams) or donations of any kind in India.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in India?
Usually on the same day for personal accounts. For business accounts it will take 1 working day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in India?
Indian Rupee (INR) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in India?
- This will depend on the country where you are sending from and chosen payment method.
- Maximum per transfer = INR 1,500,000
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to India?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name, (3) IFSC/ branch code and (4) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.