Click on any of the following links for more information on sending airtime to China:
- What is China UnionPay?
- Which banks in China support China UnionPay?
- When will funds be credited to China UnionPay cards in China?
- What currencies can I credit to a China UnionPay card in China?
- How much can I send to a China UnionPay card in China?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send to China UnionPay cards in China?
What is China UnionPay?
China UnionPay is a cashless payment method in China using a debit or credit card.
China UnionPay cardholders can receive international payments sent directly to their cards. A UnionPay cardholder can withdraw the funds from bank ATMs supporting UnionPay, use them in merchant POS card readers and can be used for public utilities and much more.
Which banks in China support China UnionPay?
The supported China UnionPay banks in China are as follows:
- Bank Of China
- Bank Of Communications
- China Construction Bank
- China Everbright Bank
- Huaxia Bank Co.,Ltd
- Industrial And Commercial Bank Of China
- Bank Of Jiangsu
- Bank Of Jiujiang
- Bank Of Shanghai
- Bank Of Shaoxing Co.,Ltd
- Bank Of Yingkou
- Baotou Commercial Bank
- Changchun Development Rural Commercial Bank
- Chongqing Wulong Rongxing Rural Bank
- Chongqing Youyang Rongxing Rural Bank
- Fujian Rural Credit Union
- Gaoyao Rural Credit Union
- Guangdong Rural Credit Bank
- Guang Xi Nong Cun Xin Yong Lian He She
- Guixi Jiuyin County Bank Corporation Limited
- Gujiao Huize Village Bank
- Haikou Rural Commercial Bank Co.,Ltd
- Hantai Village Bank
- Harbin City Commercial Bank Co.,Ltd.
- Harbin Bank Limited Company
- Henan Rural Credit Cooperative
- Hohhot City Commercial Bank
- Honghu Rongxing Rural Bank
- Hu Nan Rural Commercial Bank
- Jiangxi Shangli Fumin Rural Back Co.Ltd.
- Jiashan United Rural Bank
- Jinggangshan Jiu Yin Villages And Small Bank Co.,Ltd
- Jiutai Rural Commercial Bank Co.,Ltd(Credit Card)
- Lanzhou Bank
- Leiyang Rongxing Rural Bank
- Liaoning Rural Credit Cooperatives
- Linfen City Commercial Bank
- Linyi Commercial Bank
- Liulin Huize Village Bank
- Longjiang Bank
- Nanhai Rural Credit Union
- Nanjing Liuhe Jiuyin County Bank Corporation Limited
- Omnipay Inc.
- Otog Huize Village Bank
- Pengshan Zhujiang Rural Bank
- Pingchnag Noke Rural Bank
- Qiao Chen Hushang Rural Bank
- Qilu Bank
- Qinghai Rural Credit Union
- Shaanxi Qinnong Rural Commercial Bank Co.,Ltd
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Sichuan Tianfu Bank Co.,Ltd
- Suining Anju Rongxing Rural Bank
- Tangxian Huize Village Bank
- Woori Bank (China) Limited
- Wuhua Huimin Village Bank Co.,Ltd
- Wujiang Rural Commercial Bank
- Xiangshan Credit Union
- Xinghe Huize Village Bank
- Xingxian Huize Village Bank
- Xiushui Jiuyin County Bank Corporation Limited
- Yellow River Rural Commercial Bank
- Yingcheng Rongxing Rural Bank
- Yunan Huimin Village Bank
- Zhejiang Rural Credit Union
- Zhenglanqi Huize Village Bank
- Zhuhai Hengqin Village Bank
When will funds be credited to China UnionPay cards in China?
Usually within the next day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I credit to a China UnionPay card in China?
Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) Only.
How much can I send to a China UnionPay card in China?
A maximum of CNY 30,000 per transfer.
What information do I need from my recipient to send to China UnionPay cards in China?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. English character only.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Card number. We will require your recipient UnionPay card number ranging between 16-19 digits.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.