Send money to Juba Express, Somalia
WorldRemit makes it easy for you to send money home to your friends and family in Somalia. We also make it fast, safe and low cost. See below for more information on this service:
- Speed: Within 30 minutes
- Pick up from any branch of Juba Express
You can find out more information about sending a cash pickup to Somalia below.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Somalia?
Cash can be collected from any branch of Juba Express.
When will funds be available to be collected in Somalia?
Usually, funds will be available for collection within 30 minutes of the transaction being created. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Somalia?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Somalia?
- A maximum of USD 3000 per transaction.
- There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Somalia?
- Full name - Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds
- Address - We need your recipient’s city
- Mobile number - We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected
- Sending reason - Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional) - We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What does my recipient need to show when collecting cash in Somalia?
- Valid photo ID - For example, passport, national ID card or driving license
- Quote the 11-digit collection reference number - We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a collection reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds