Send bank transfers to Honduras
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Honduras via bank transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Honduras?
You can send transfers to Banco Atlántida and Banco Ficohsa only.
Which countries can I send bank transfers from to Honduras?
You can send from any of the WorldRemit send countries, except:
- Hong Kong
When will funds be credited when sending bank transfers to Honduras?
Credited on the same day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending bank transfers to Honduras?
Honduras Lempira (HNL) only.
How much can I send when sending bank transfers to Honduras?
- A maximum of HNL 230,000 per transfer.
- A maximum of HNL 230,000 per month.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending bank transfers to Honduras?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s state.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) account number and (3) account type. The account has to be enabled for international transfers.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.