Send money from the United States

You can transfer money via WorldRemit from the United States to 130+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.

For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.

How do I pay for my transfer from the United States?

When sending money from The United States, you can pay for your transfer using any of the the following ways:

  • Debit, credit or pre-paid cards
  • Apple Pay

What is the verification process in the United States?

To comply with American regulations we need to fully verify all customers sending from the United States.

This can include:

Government issued photo ID

  • United States or International Passport
  • United States Permanent Residence Card
  • United States Driving Licence
  • United States Military ID
  • United States Passport Card
  • United States Refugee Document
  • United States VISA
  • United States Employment Authorisation Card

Please note, until we have completed ID verification we will be unable to complete your transfer.

Why do I need to provide ID from the United States?

Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.

How can I send you my ID from the USA?

Click here to upload your photo ID and address documents now.

Where can I transfer money to from the United States?

You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world, and in various payout options including mobile money transfers, cash pickup, bank transfers and airtime top-up so it is always convenient for your recipient. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.

Is there anything else I need to know about sending from the United States?

The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.

  • If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
    • Your photograph
    • Your full name
    • Your date of birth
    • The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
    • The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
  • If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:
    • Your full name
    • Your full current residential address
  • Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.
  • We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.
  • The document must be registered in the State your account is registered in. For example, we cannot accept a Driving Licence issued in New York if your account is registered in California.