Send to Airtel Money accounts in Uganda
Airtel Money, Uganda
- Please check that the recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need the recipient's Mobile Money number.
What is Airtel Money?
Airtel Money is an electronic wallet service that works on smartphones and basic feature phones on the Airtel network. It allows customers to effectively use their mobile phones as an electronic wallet, performing all the basic functions they’d be able to access at a bank, but without the need for a bank account.
Customers simply load money onto their mobile phones, which is then converted into electric money. That ‘e-Money’ can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- pay for goods and services such as electricity, water and pay TV
- send money to and withdraw money from your bank account
- send money to other Airtel Money customers and to any phone owner in Uganda
- buy airtime/data/voice bundles for yourself, friends and family
- receive money from friends and family
- withdraw cash from your Airtel Mobile Money account
- check your bank balance and request a bank statement
How can I register for Airtel Money?
Registration for Airtel Money services is only available for people in Uganda with mobile phones on the Airtel network. If you’re not on the Airtel network, you’ll need to get an Airtel SIM card and become an Airtel subscriber.
To register for a mobile money account, visit your local Airtel Money agent with a valid form of identification, such as a Ugandan passport, driver’s licence or government ID. Once you’ve registered for your mobile money account, you can activate Airtel Money by:
- Dialling *185#
- Selecting option 1
- Setting a new PIN
- Re-entering the new PIN to confirm
How to send mobile money to Airtel in Uganda?
With WorldRemit, it’s easy to send money to family and friends’ Airtel Money accounts in Uganda from more than 50 countries around the world. Our online transfers are fast, secure and your recipient will be able to access funds usually within 2-4 hours.
All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Mobile Money Transfer’ in the blue box on this page
- Enter the transfer amount
- You’ll be redirected to a new page to create an account or sign in if you haven’t already
- Pick from a list of people you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Choose how you want to pay and pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email alerts when the funds have been credited