The fast, simple way to make a mobile phone money transfer to Kenya
Use a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Please check that the person you’re sending to already has a mobile money account with one of listed mobile operators as you'll need their mobile money number. For more information about your desire network, please click on the relevant mobile operator's name or logo.
What is a mobile money transfer?
If you have friends or family living, working or travelling in Kenya, you can help to support them by making an instant cash transfer directly to their mobile phone.
You can send mobile money to Kenya that they can then use to pay bills, buy products in stores, transfer to other mobile wallets and even withdraw by visiting a local agent.
Not only is this an extremely quick, safe and simple way of transferring money to Kenya, but it also allows your recipient to enjoy cashless convenience wherever they are.
How to make a mobile phone money transfer to Kenya
With WorldRemit, you can send money to a Kenyan Mobile Money account from more than 41 countries around the world using a smartphone, tablet or PC. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Mobile Money Transfer’ service from the options in the blue ‘ Send to’ box on this page
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- You will be shown the small fee that applies and the exchange rate you’ll receive
- Enter the details of the M-PESA or Equitel account
- Pay online
- Both you and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications once the transfer is complete
What are the benefits of a mobile money transfer to Kenya?
- Money is added to your recipient’s Mobile Money account almost immediately
- Your recipient does not have to travel to pick up cash from a bank
- Your recipient does not have to carry large amounts of cash with them
- Mobile Money accounts are very widely used
- Every transaction is protected and signed with a PIN to keep the process secure