Send bank transfers to Brazil
See below for answers to your questions about sending bank transfers to Brazil.
Which banks can I send to in Brazil?
You can send transfers to any bank in Brazil.
What type of accounts can I send to in Brazil?
You can send to checking/ current, savings and business accounts.
What currencies can I send to when sending bank transfers to Brazil?
Brazilian Real (BRL) only.
How much can I send when sending bank transfers to Brazil?
- General limit is a maximum of BRL 10,000 per transfer.
- Multiple transactions may be authorized within a calendar month subject to additional required information.
However, there may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending bank transfers to Brazil?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch code and (3) account number.
- CPF / CPNJ number. We need your recipient’s taxpayer registry identification number. This will be on your recipients ID.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What additional information may I need?
In some circumstances, it’s necessary for transactions to be held, either by us or our partners, in order to comply with relevant regulations. To comply with these regulatory obligations we may ask for the purpose of your transfer or source of funds for example. If this is the case we will contact you, so please ensure you check your emails regularly after you’ve created your transfer.