Send mobile money transfers to Cameroon
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Cameroon via Mobile Money.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Cameroon?
Express Union, MTN and Orange mobile money accounts.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
How can my recipient register their mobile wallet account?
Go to any Express Union, MTN or Orange branch with:
- 1 photocopy of valid National ID card, receipt, passport or residence permit
- 1 copy of any electricity/water bill or location plan of their house;
- 2 4×4 passport size photographs (photos may also be taken at some branches)
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Cameroon?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Cameroon?
Central Africa Francs (XAF) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Cameroon?
- You can send a maximum of XAF 1,000,000 per transfer to Express Union accounts
- Your recipient’s Express Union wallet can accept a maximum of XAF 1,000,000 per day.
- You can send a minimum of XAF 1,000
What information do I need from my recipient to send to mobile money accounts in Cameroon?
What fees does my recipient pay in Cameroon?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transfer. However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.
How to Withdraw Money from Your EU Mobile Money Account?
- Direct withdrawal: Collect your money from the branch where your account was initially created (home branch).
- Remote withdrawal: Collect your money from any other branches than the home branch using the following SMS syntax: RE (spacing) Agent Account (spacing) MPIN, and send it all to 8081
Example: RE 00001234 5000 1234