Send cash pickups to Botswana
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Botswana via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Botswana?
Your recipient can collect their funds from any branch of UAE Exchange. Please click here for a list of locations.
When will funds be available to be collected in Botswana?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Botswana?
Botswana Pula (BWP) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Botswana?
A maximum of BWP 10, 000 per transaction.
Please note the daily limit is also BWP 10, 000
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Botswana?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city/town.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Botswana?
- Valid photo ID. This must one of the following:
- National ID
- OMANG ID card
- Driving Licence
- Birth certificate
- Quote “Xpress Money” and the 16-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.