How to Transfer Money to BRAC Bank, Bangladesh
BRAC Bank was founded in 2001 to increase access to banking services for the large number of people in Bangladesh who are not covered by traditional banks. It has since become one of the largest banks in Bangladesh, providing a wide range of commercial and retail banking services.
At WorldRemit, we have partnered with BRAC Bank to help people all over the world make quick, secure and low-cost money transfers to Bangladesh. Using our website or app, you can make a transfer to more than 1.5 million BRAC bank accounts or send money that can be collected in cash by family and friends from 186 BRAC Bank branches across the country.
How can you send money to BRAC Bank accounts?
There are two ways you can send money to BRAC Bank online with WorldRemit. The first option is to make a bank transfer to a BRAC Bank account. If a friend or family member is a BRAC Bank customer, you can send money directly to their bank account and the funds will usually be credited within 2-3 working days.
Alternatively, you can send money that your recipient will be able to collect from any branch of BRAC Bank in Bangladesh in cash. The benefit of this transfer type is speed, with the cash usually available to collect within just a few minutes of the transfer being made.
How to make a bank transfer to BRAC Bank, Bangladesh
Making a bank transfer to BRAC Bank takes just a couple of minutes. All you need is the recipient’s bank account number, their name, the city they live in and the reason for sending the money. You can make the transfer from more than 50 countries around the world. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service in the ‘Send to’ box at the top of this page
- Enter the transfer amount
- We’ll show you the exchange rate you’ll receive and our low fees upfront
- Click ‘Send’ and you’ll be asked to create an account if you don’t already have one
- Enter the recipient’s details or choose someone you’ve sent to before
- Choose how you want to pay
- We will send you and your recipient SMS and/or email notifications when the money has been sent and received
When will the BRAC Bank transfer be credited?
The funds will usually be credited within 2-3 working days and there’s a maximum limit of 1,500,000 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) per transfer.
How to send a cash pickup to BRAC Bank, Bangladesh
If a family member or friend needs quick access to cash, the fastest way to put money in their pockets is to use our cash pickup service. Once you’ve completed the transfer, your loved ones will be able to collect the money in cash from 186 BRAC Bank branches across Bangladesh. Just follow this simple process:
- Choose the ‘Cash Pickup’ service in the ‘Send to’ box
- Select ‘Dutch-Bangla Bank, Brac Bank or Social Islami Bank’ as the payout-network
- Enter the transfer amount and click ‘Send’
- Create an account if you don’t already have one
- Pick from a list of people you’ve sent money to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and/or email notifications when the funds are ready to collect
How will your recipient collect the cash?
The cash will usually be ready to collect within minutes. All your recipient will need is the 8-digit transaction reference number which we’ll send to you and your recipient once the funds are ready to collect. They’ll also require one form of valid photo ID (either a Bangladeshi passport, national ID card, driving license or a foreign passport with a visa or refugee card).