Send cash pickups to Cameroon
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Cameroon via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Cameroon?
Your recipient can collect the funds from any branch of:
- Express Union
- Credit Populaire
- Banque Atlantique
- Express Exchange
When will funds be available to be collected in Cameroon?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickup in Cameroon?
Central Africa Francs (XAF) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups in Cameroon?
Branches of Banque Atlantique:
- Minimum per transaction = XAF 5,000
- Maximum per transaction = XAF 5,000,000
Branches of UBA:
- Maximum per transaction = XAF 1,000,000
Unless it's differently stated above, there may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for cash pickups in Cameroon?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number, which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Cameroon?
- Valid Photo ID. This must one of the following:
- National ID card,
- Driving licence
- Foreign passport with visa
- Refugee card
- Foreigner’s residence card
- Any other valid government-issued photo ID
- 11-digit transaction reference number, starting with CMR. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number.