Send bank transfers to Cameroon
See below for answers to your questions about sending bank transfers to Cameroon.
Which banks can I send to in Cameroon?
Temporarily you can transfer money only to UBA Bank in Cameroon.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Cameroon?
You can send to checking/current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Cameroon?
Transfers to UBA Cameroon: Within 1 business day.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Cameroon?
Central Africa Francs (XAF) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Cameroon?
Transfers to UBA Cameroon: Maximum per transfer: XAF 1,000,000
What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Cameroon?
Transfers to UBA Cameroon:
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) branch name, (2) bank code, (2) branch code and (4) account number- usually 12-14 digits.
- Mobile number - We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.