How to send money to Nigeria from the UK
Are you looking for a simple and secure way of sending money to family and friends in Nigeria? With WorldRemit, you can send money online to Nigeria from the UK quickly and safely. You'll enjoy low exchange rates, fast transfers at no-cost to the recipients.
- Following a new directive from the Central Bank of Nigeria, cash pickup and bank transfers are now available in US Dollars only
- Cash pickup is available in USD from our cash pickup locations. See them listed in our FAQ, where you’ll also find the most recent updates about our service to Nigeria
- Bank transfers to Nigeria are available in US Dollars with Access Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, GTBank and UBA
- Airtime top-up services remain available
- We’ve temporarily suspended our mobile money services to Nigeria
How to send money from the UK to Nigeria
How do you want to send money?
Make your UK to Nigeria money transfer in the most convenient way. We currently offer cash pickup, bank transfer, and airtime top-up.
Who are you sending to?
Tell us where you want the money to go by picking from a list of recipients you’ve sent to before or by adding the details of someone new.
How are you paying?
There are lots of different ways to pay for your transfer. You can use a debit card, credit card, prepaid card, Android Pay, Apple Pay, Sofort or a Bank Account transfer to pay.
What’s the best way to send money to Nigeria from the UK?
As all our UK to Nigeria transfers are completed within one hour, the best transfer method for you depends on how your recipient wants to access the money.
- Cash pickup – Use our Cash pickup service to send money, allowing your recipient to collect it within minutes from over thousands of convenient pickup locations across Nigeria. The cash, in US dollars, can be collected from any branch of Access Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, Polaris Bank and Zenith Bank
- Bank transfer – Transfer money instantly from the UK to a Nigerian US-domiciled bank account at Access Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, GT Bank and UBA. Over 90% of our bank transfers to Nigeria arrive in less than 1 hour.
- Airtime top-up – Top up your loved ones’ mobile phones in Nigeria, so you always stay in touch. Top-up prepaid mobiles on the Airtel, Visafone, MTN, GLO & Etisalat networks, and the airtime will be available immediately.
How do you send a bank transfer to Nigeria?
Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'Choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select 'Bank Transfer' as the preferred service
- Select the bank
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Check the low fees and the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront
- Enter your recipient’s details. You must ensure your recipients details are correct, or else your translation will fail.
- Choose your payment method from Bank Account, Credit/Debit Card, SOFORT, INTERACT, POLI or iDEAL (web), and confirm the amount
- You and your recipient will be alerted by SMS and email when the money is available
What are the fees and exchange rates?
Sending money from the UK to Nigeria doesn’t have to be expensive. At WorldRemit, we offer low fees and guaranteed rates that are consistently better than those offered by the banks as well as other money transfer providers. We also show you our low fees and exchange rates upfront, so you can confirm that you’re getting the best deal.
Make the most of our app
Download the WorldRemit app for iOS and Android to check GBP to NGN exchange rates and track your transfers on-the-go.
No need to visit an agent. Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer
We use industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
90% of our transactions are completed in minutes
See our low fees and our best exchange rates up front, with no hidden costs