- Which banks can I send to in Nepal?
- What type of accounts can I send to in Nepal?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Nepal?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Nepal?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Nepal?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Nepal?
Which banks can I send to in Nepal?
You can send transfers to all major banks in Nepal.
What type of accounts can I send to in Nepal?
You can send to checking/ current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Nepal?
Usually within the same working day, if sent before 15.00 local time (Sunday through Thursday) or before 13.00 local time on Fridays. Otherwise, the funds will be credited the next working day.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Nepal?
Nepalese Rupee (NPR) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Nepal?
- A maximum per transfer = NPR 999,999
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Nepal?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.