Send bank transfers to Botswana
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Botswana via bank transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Botswana?
You can send transfers to all major banks in Botswana.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Botswana?
You can send to checking / current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Botswana?
Within 2 working days.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Botswana?
Botswana Pula (BWP) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Botswana?
The maximum amount per transfer is dependent on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Botswana?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional) - We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.