Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money to Armenia:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Armenia?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Armenia?
- What fees does my recipient pay in Armenia?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Armenia?
MobiDram mobile money accounts
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
- Speed: Instant
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
Armenian Dram (ARD) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Armenia?
- Maximum per transfer = USD 2,500
- Maximum per 30 days for recipient = USD 4,000
- Maximum per 30 days for sender = USD 15,000
- Your recipient’s MobiDram mobile money account may have maximum balance limit. Please ensure the account has sufficient capacity for your transaction.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Armenia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active MobiDram mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 8 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Armenia?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.