WorldRemit releases global TV commercials to showcase clear pricing and create opportunities for customers
LONDON - WorldRemit, a leading digital payments platform, has released global television commercials across key markets to promote its transparent pricing strategy and the opportunities created by connecting people through international money transfers. Produced by the award-winning director, David Hayes and VB Productions, the commercials provide examples of how migrant workers support the ambitions of their family and friends back home through money transfers.
Nuria Garcia, Chief Marketing Officer at WorldRemit said, “As a global financial services platform that connects people with their loved ones across borders, creating opportunities and strengthening relationships are important to us. We want to empower migrants and those they support by delivering a service that is safe, simple to use and offers good value. By redesigning our user experience, we want to give customers greater visibility on special pricing rates so that they can make the most of these offers. Through greater transparency, customers can make informed choices when supporting their family and friends back home.”
Although migrant workers are often separated from their family and friends by geography and time-zones, through international money transfers, they can experience a feeling of togetherness while being apart. Sending money transfers to support family and friends makes them feel closer to home, and strengthens the emotional connection they feel towards their communities.
“Our key aim with the series was to tell mini stories that felt relatable and believable. The focus was not on the money being sent but the thought that goes into the sender making that decision. We also wanted to portray a good variety of relationships so we chose to include father to son, daughter to parents and brother to brother. To create an authentic look and feel we shot the films with a cinematic documentary aesthetic - keeping the camera moving in a natural way and working with the actors to create moments that felt spontaneous”, said Vanessa Brown, Founder & Executive Producer at VB Productions.
Natalie Reiss, Head of Creative at WorldRemit added, “While WorldRemit’s technology connects people and their money across borders, we wanted our new TV commercials to acknowledge the physical distance that many of our customers still experience. Shot over three days—with Covid-19 safety measures in place—these commercials gave us a chance to share international stories and reinforce the importance of financial inclusion, which creates opportunities and strengthens human bonds.”
According to research by the 1United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, approximately 800 million people across the world are supported by money transfers from migrant workers. It is further estimated that 75% of remittances are used to pay for household provisions, school fees and medical bills. The remaining 25% is often used for savings, creating jobs or investment purposes, therefore contributing to the sustainable development of communities.
WorldRemit also recently launched a Transfer Tracker App that allows recipients of money transfers to track their funds. The app is free to download through the Google app store in a number of countries including India and Nigeria. The innovative global payments company continues to create opportunities for customers to support their family and friends across the world.
WorldRemit is a leading global payments company. We disrupted an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players by taking international money transfers online - making them safer, faster and lower-cost. We currently send from 50 to 150 countries, operate in 6,500 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,100 people worldwide.
On the sending side WorldRemit is 100% digital (cashless), increasing convenience and enhancing security. For those receiving money, the company offers a wide range of options including bank deposit, cash collection, mobile airtime top-up and mobile money.
Backed by Accel, TCV and Leapfrog – WorldRemit’s headquarters are in London, UK with a global presence including in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Japan, Singapore, the Philippines, Australia and New Zealand.