Send bank transfers to Ecobank Nigeria
Ecobank Nigeria – part of a larger pan-African banking group
Today, Ecobank is the leading pan-African bank with operations in 36 countries across the continent. It has a larger African footprint than any other bank in the world. It currently operates in countries in West, Central, East and Southern Africa, including Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Uganda. The Group also has a licenced operation in Paris and representative offices in Beijing, Dubai, Johannesburg, London and Luanda.
Ecobank Nigeria is one of the country’s leading banks in terms of assets, customer base, deposits and branches. It has an online and real-time branch network in over 600 locations across the country.
How to transfer money to Ecobank accounts in Nigeria
It’s so easy to send money to your family and friends’ Ecobank accounts in Nigeria with WorldRemit. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select 'Bank transfer' as the preferred service
- Select Ecobank as your payout network
- Tap in how much you want to send
- Add the details of the person you’re sending to - or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before.
- Select how you want to pay - either via your bank account or debit/credit card.
Please make sure you supply your recipient’s Bank Verification Number (BVN) to ensure there are no delays with your transaction.
To be able to send your money online to Nigeria and Ecobank, we have to convert your currency, whether it’s US dollars (USD), British pounds (GBP) or euros (EUR), into Nigerian Naira (NGN). We cannot credit USD or domiciliary accounts.
The maximum amount you can send
The limit to the amount you can send to Nigeria is NGN 7,000,000 per day. Though this limit may be less, depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see Payments for more information.
Other ways to send money to Nigeria with WorldRemit
We can offer you a choice of fast, low cost and secure ways to send money to your family and friends in Nigeria – all of them instant:
- Cash pickup – send money for pick up from a choice of locations
- Bank deposits – transfers to selected banks including Ecobank
- Airtime reload – top up family and friends’ phones