Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money to Zimbabwe:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Zimbabwe?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Zimbabwe?
- What fees does my recipient in Zimbabwe pay?
- What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my mobile money transaction?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Zimbabwe?
You can send to Ecocash mobile money accounts.
Please note: The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you in order to comply with our regulatory requirements before we can process your transfer. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
- A maximum of USD 2,000 per transfer
- Your recipient’s Ecocash mobile money account can only have a maximum balance of USD 2,000 at any given time. Please ensure the account has sufficient capacity for your transaction to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Zimbabwe?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their mobile money account exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Ecocash mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient in Zimbabwe pay?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
Some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.
What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my mobile money transaction?
The Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) is a bonus programme started by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe to incentivise remittances to Zimbabwe by adding a percentage of the funds remitted to the total remittance amount.
- Transfers to mobile money accounts are eligible to receive an extra 7% added to the funds sent.
Please note: This programme is administered by the Zimbabwean government and subject to change at any time. WorldRemit has no association with, or responsibility for, this incentive.