Flight home giveaway: Terms and conditions
1. The Flight Home Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw") is run by WorldRemit Ltd. (company no. 07110878) whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ ("WorldRemit", "we" or "us").
2. By entering this Prize Draw, you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and the winner. We may refuse to award the Prize where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the Prize Draw at [LINK].
3. The prize is two return flights to Kenya up to the value of £2000 per pair (the "Prize").
4. The Prize must be redeemed within six (6) months of the date it is issued to you.
5. The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on the Prize. The winner is responsible for their compliance with any applicable laws in relation to the Prize Draw.
6. The Prize does not include insurance, expenses or accommodation.
How to Enter
7. The Prize Draw will open on 18th of December 2017 (the "Opening Date") and will close on 25th of December 2017 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by us by 23:59 GMT on the Closing Date. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible to win the Prize.
8. The Prize Draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is from Kenya. You are not eligible to enter this Prize Draw if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), is an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of WorldRemit or is otherwise connected with the organisation.
9. To enter the Prize Draw you must respond to our Facebook post in the comments section. Each comment is an entry to the Prize Draw provided that where the question requires an answer that requires the opinion of the participant, the answer must be relevant to the post. Illegible, incomplete or inappropriate entries will not be accepted
10. Any entry made or attempted to be made in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other entrants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the Prize Draw. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating, hacking, deception, and use of automated programmes.
11. Only one entry is permitted per person per Facebook post
12. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw.
14. WorldRemit is not responsible for your activity on Facebook or any other social media platforms.
15. You agree to release Facebook from any responsibility in relation to this prize draw.
16. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any entries not received by us for any reason.
17. Participants agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the prize draw.
18. WorldRemit reserves the right to reject entries of participants where they are in breach of WorldRemit’s terms and conditions and in particular if they fail to comply with applicable laws when submitting your entry, including but not limited to committing or attempting to commit any fraudulent act on their WorldRemit account.
Ownership and Use of your Entry
19. By entering the Prize Draw, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry and your name in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes both during and after the Prize Draw, without any payment to you.
20. One winner will be selected by a random draw performed by a computer-generated process at WorldRemit.
21. The winner will be notified on Facebook by replying to their comment within thirty (30) days of the Closing Date. To claim the Prize, the winner must provide, via a Facebook message, an email address that WorldRemit can use to communicate with the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of the Prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. If the replacement winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of notification then the Prize will be forfeited.
22. It is your responsibility to ensure that you hold a valid passport, and any necessary visa and travel documents including a valid travel insurance policy
23. It is your responsibility to ensure you adhere to any third party terms that apply to your eligibility for the Prize, including without limitation the terms and conditions of airlines, travel agents and our third party suppliers.
24. You may request the last name and town or country of residence of the winner of the Prize by sending an email to [EMAIL]. By entering this Competition you give us permission to make available your last name and town or country of residence if you win.
Data and Marketing
25. When you give us the information we ask for as part of this Prize Draw, you agree that we, our agents and our suppliers may use it (i) as needed to conduct the Prize Draw as we have described in these terms, and (ii) to contact you in the future for related marketing and promotional offers relating to the WorldRemit service.
26. You may choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, or by contacting us via this form. You can also use the form to request to review, delete or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate. We aim to respond to all requests for access within 30 days. You can also contact us in writing at the address below:
World Remit Ltd, 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ
27. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third parties, insofar as required and necessary for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
29. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw.
30. We are not responsible for:
i. losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
ii. indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw);
iii. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
iv. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
v. any failure to provide the Prize Draw, the Prize or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonably control.
31. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in (i) this Prize Draw or (ii) aspects of the provision of the Prize. We will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
32. WorldRemit reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions where it becomes necessary to do so.
33. WorldRemit’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you wish to take court proceedings against WorldRemit you must do so within the United Kingdom.