Terms and Conditions
- The WorldRemit Speedstars Competition (the “Competition”) is run by WorldRemit Ltd (company no. 07110878) whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ (“WorldRemit”, "we" or “our”). The Competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over, except employees of WorldRemit, The Arsenal Football Club Plc (“Arsenal”), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and the winners. We may refuse to award the Prizes (as defined below) where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The prizes will be official Arsenal Football Club Jerseys signed by a majority of Arsenal’s first team squad (each one a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”).
- The Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are not transferable. The Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any of the Prizes with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and each winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable.
How to Enter
- To enter the Competition participants must first play the WorldRemit Speedstars game (the “Game”) available at the following URL: speedstars.worldremit.com When the Game ends participants can choose to provide their name and email address via Facebook in order to be entered into the Competition and have their score listed on the Game leaderboard.
- The Game is free to play and no purchase is necessary.
- Participants agree that they will comply or have complied with all applicable laws when entering the Competition.
- WorldRemit accepts no responsibility for any attempts at the Game which are not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind or for any other reason.
- The Competition will run from 16th March 2018 to 31st August 2018. On the last day of each month the participant with the highest score on the leaderboard for that month (each a “Winner” and collectively “Winners”) will win a Prize.
- In the event that there are multiple participants with the same high score for the same month, the Winner will be deemed to be the participant who achieved the high score first.
- Participants are only eligible to win one (1) Prize. In the event that the same participant has the highest score for a month and that participant has previously won a Prize for a different month, the Prize will pass to the participant with the next highest score.
- Winners will be notified by email to the email address provided when signing up to the Competition. To claim the Prize, Winners must then provide further contact details that WorldRemit can use to arrange delivery of the Prizes.
- If any of the Winners cannot be contacted or does not claim their Prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of their Prize and pass that Prize on to the participant with the next highest score.
- The decision of WorldRemit regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about this decision.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
Use of your Personal Data and publicity
- Winners may be announced on Facebook which will include the publication of their name and the Prizes. Winners consent to participate in further publicity related to the Competition which may include filming, publication of their name and photograph in any media, without any payment to them.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, WorldRemit, Arsenal and their respective agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of WorldRemit, Arsenal and/or their respective agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners are responsible for their adherence to any third party terms that apply to their eligibility for the Prizes.
- WorldRemit is not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this Competition or aspects of the provision of the Prizes. WorldRemit will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although reasonable efforts will be made to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions where necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be notified to participants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
- The Competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This Speedstars game and associated services is operated and provided by WorldRemit Ltd ("WorldRemit, "we", "us", "our") having its registered offices at 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AJ.
What we collect
In respect of all players of the game:
Your user ID number (i.e. Your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to public information including Your name and profile picture;
Your IP address, Your browser type and language;
information about Your participation in the game including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our game (including date and time), length of time spent participating in our game, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you click "continue with Facebook" to be entered onto the leaderboard:
Your first and last name; and
the email address that You provided to Facebook when You registered with it.
How we collect information about You
Directly from You or via Facebook if You agree to be entered onto our leaderboard.
How we use Your information
To ensure that content from our game is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your device.
To administer our game and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
Where You have chosen to be entered onto our Competition leaderboard, to send You WorldRemit marketing material and We will share Your information with Arsenal for Arsenal to send You information and offers about Arsenal and its commercial partners.
Legal grounds for using Your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to use your personal information:
processing which is necessary for our legitimate interests to run and support the game (in respect of information relating to Your device and use of the game);
Your consent (in respect of entry onto our leaderboard and Competition).
Sharing Your information
We and Arsenal are each data controllers for the purpose of data protection legislation.
The personal information You provide to Us may only be shared with any other third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide You with any of the purposes described in this policy.
How long we keep Your information
We will only keep the information we collect about You for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. We will send You direct marketing communications, and retain Your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from either or both of us.
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
Your information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for either of us, or for one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors. Such transfers may be made in order to improve our game for the purposes described above or to assist in our security or fraud protection activities. Where we do so, we will ensure there is adequate protection in place in respect of that information.
You will be given a choice as to whether or not You wish to provide us with Your personal contact information via the Facebook click-through button. If You opt into providing us with Your personal information then, as explicitly stated on the Facebook click-through button, You consent to us sending You WorldRemit marketing material, information or offers containing updated information about us, our goods and promotions and to Arsenal sending You information and offers about Arsenal and its commercial partners. We will not pass Your details to any other third parties for the purpose of them sending You direct marketing, without Your consent.
You also have the option of "unsubscribing" from either of our mailing lists for marketing material (which may include newsletters, alerts and updates) at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to You.
Details of how to unsubscribe from Our mailing list will be included on each electronic mailing we send You. Details of how to unsubscribe from Arsenal’s mailing list will be included on each electronic mailing which Arsenal sends to You
If You request to "unsubscribe" from WorldRemit’s mailing lists, You will be withdrawn from the Competition.
At any time, You have the right:
to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about You;
to request the rectification of Your personal data, if You consider it to be inaccurate;
to ask us to delete Your personal data, if You consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
to withdraw consent to our processing of Your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
to ask us to stop or start sending You marketing messages (as described above);
to object to or require us to restrict the processing of Your personal data;
to data portability (i.e. to request us to move some of Your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances.
If You have any concerns about our use of Your information, You also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.