Send to Tigo Pesa accounts in Tanzania
What is Tigo Pesa?
The Bank of Africa in Tanzania together with Tigo Tanzania offers you Tigo Pesa – an affordable, fast and safe mobile money service. It allows you to deposit, send and withdraw funds via mobile phones without the need of a bank account.
It’s very convenient as it provides a financial service in areas with no bank presence. It can also reach remote areas of the country, as long as mobile phone access is available. Bills can be paid with it such as DSTV, DAWASCO and LUKU. Best of all, no paperwork is required, except for ID and a telephone number.
How to start using Tigo Pesa
It’s simple, to start using Tigo Pesa mobile money – just follow these steps:
- Register with Tigo Tanzania - registration is free, all you need is a valid ID and a Tigo SIM Card (activated)
- Get an account - once registered you’ll be able to access Tigo Pesa from your phone by dialling *150*01# or by downloading the Tigo Pesa App
How to use Tigo Pesa mobile money
There’s so much that you can do with a Tigo Pesa mobile money account. You can:
- send money - using your mobile phone you can instantly and conveniently send money from anywhere to anyone
- pay bills – you can pay for Luku, DStv, Dawasco and many other services
- buy airtime for your mobile phone
- transfer money from your bank account to Tigo Pesa
- deposit money into or withdraw money from your account. Simply visit any Tigo Pesa Agents across the Tanzania.
How do you send mobile money to Tigo Pesa using WorldRemit?
You can send mobile money to Tanzania from 50 countries around the world using any device. Here’s how it works:
- Visit our homepage and select Tanzania from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select 'Mobile money' as the preferred service
- Choose to pay the money into Tigo Pesa mobile money accounts
- Enter the amount you’d like to send
- We show you the low fees that apply and the amount of Tanzanian shillings (TZS) your recipient will receive
- Enter the details of your recipient, you will need their Tigo Pesa mobile money account number
- Choose how you want to pay
- Both you and your recipient will receive an SMS notification once the transfer is complete.
How long does a transfer take?
The transfer is made very quickly and will be with your family and friends, either instantly or on the next working day.
How else can you send money to Tanzania with WorldRemit?
You have a choice of ways to make a transfer to your friends and family in Tanzania. As well as sending to Tigo Pesa mobile accounts, you can also send to Ezy Pesa and Vodacom M-Pesa mobile money accounts that will arrive on the next working day. Plus, you can send money for cash pickup, make a bank transfer and send an airtime top up.