The global pandemic is challenging for many people away from home. At WorldRemit, we want to help you stay safe online and ensure that you can provide financial support to your loved ones when you need to.
Read our FAQs before sending money
Countries all around the world are imposing restrictions to protect their citizens from the virus, which might result in unexpected delays. We are continuously updating our FAQs to provide you with news and updates about our services.
WorldRemit offers cash pickup transfers with locations all around the world, and with cash pickup transfers, the recipient can collect the payment as physical cash. However, some cash pickup locations may have temporarily restricted opening hours or are closed. To see if cash pickup transfer is currently available where your recipient lives, click here. Alternatively, you can visit the homepage of your destination country on our website or app.
If possible, send a bank transfer or mobile money
It’s easy to make international bank transfers using our website or app. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for a WorldRemit account
- Select the country and amount you want to send
- Enter your recipient’s details (name, address, phone number) and bank details (bank name, IBAN number and SWIFT code)
- Pay for your transaction
A popular alternative to bank accounts, mobile money allows users to store, send, and receive money using their mobile phone.
How do I use mobile money?
- Make sure that your recipient has a mobile money account. If not, they can create an account through their local mobile money agent.
- Login to WorldRemit and choose mobile money as the service you wish to send.
Only contact customer service when necessary
Our customer support teams are here to help. Before contacting us, we kindly ask that you check our FAQs page, as it might take you only a few minutes to find your answer there.
For information on payment, cancellation and refunds, visit:
For help with your account and to understand how we use the information you provide us, visit:
You can track your transactions via our mobile app
To keep track of transactions and any questions related to your transfer, head to our mobile app.
This is how you can find the status of your transfer:
- Open the WorldRemit app
- Click on the Transaction history icon
- Select the transfer you want to see
- Click on View collection instructions
New to digital remittances?
Have questions about our services and transfer methods? For more information, visit:
Beware of Covid-19 online scams
Several reports have been made of scams using the Covid-19 pandemic to trick people into the following:
- Donating to a fake World Health Organization Covid-19 Response Fund
- Making a bitcoin payment or risking family members being infected with Covid-19
- Downloading malware from coronavirus 19 maps
- Entering credit card details into phishing websites that are posing to offer information updates, access to testing centres or free meals for children during school closures
- Online shopping scams of face masks, hand sanitizers and other products which never arrive
Our main priority is to help you get through this challenging time. We pride ourselves on making sure you stay connected to your loved ones, and we want to remind you that we’re here to help.