2. Personal information and ID verification
We’re proud of how easy we make it to send money abroad – sometimes our process is so fast, that our customers wonder why we need to request additional documents.
This is because we offer not only fast international transfers but also safe and secure ones. Even though we’re not a bank, we are financial institution regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (a regulatory body in the United Kingdom) and this means we value the security of your money and your personal details at all times.
For your convenience and safety, our dedicated teams monitor customer identity on every single transfer. At times, we might need to request additional documents from you so that we can release your transfer. In some cases, we will call you to verify the purpose of your transaction. We do this to meet our regulatory requirements and to better serve our customers. Head over to our identity verification page for more details.
Personal details – so we know who you are
- Full name - When you are creating your WorldRemit account, please fill in your official name as it appears on your ID documents.
- Include all your middle names.
- Use the correct order of your names.
- Residential address
- Date of birth
Contact details – in case we need to get in touch
- Telephone number - We need this as the quickest way of getting in touch with you. And if you ever need to update your details, we also send you a verification code to this phone number.
What kind of emails will you receive from us?
- Confirmation of your transfer details, or any cancellations and amendments.
- Important changes in WorldRemit services.
- Any promotions or discounts we’re running (you don’t want to miss those!).
What documents can I use to prove my identity?
Each country you can send from will have different remittance requirements that we need to abide by, so the type of verification we will need can be different depending on which country you are sending from and the amount that you are sending.
For most countries, we can accept a valid international passport. You can also provide a national ID or driving license - depending on what country you send the money from.
Example: If you are sending money from Canada then we accept an international passport, Canadian driving license or Canadian ID/ residence card.
Are you looking for specific requirements related to your sending country? Choose the area below:
TIP: Why not upload your ID before creating your transfer? This will speed up the release of your transfer, in case we need to request any supporting documents from you later.
You can upload your documents here:
Is it safe to give WorldRemit my personal information?