Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Samoa:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Samoa?
- When will funds be available to be collect in Samoa?
- How much can I send to Samoa for cash pickups?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Samoa to send cash pickups?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Samoa?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Samoa?
When will funds be available to be collect in Samoa?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
How much can I send to Samoa for cash pickups?
- Maximum per transfer = WST 11,000
- Maximum per day = WST 11,000
- Minimum per transfer = equivalent of USD 1.01
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Samoa to send cash pickups?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Samoa?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Driving licence
- Photo ID
16-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.