Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Romania:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Romania?
- When will funds be available to collect in Romania?
- What currencies can I send cash pickups to Romania?
- How much can I send cash pickups to Romania?
- What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Romania?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Romania?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Romania?
Any branches of the Speed Transfer network.
When will funds be available to collect in Romania?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send cash pickups to Romania?
Euro (EUR) only.
How much can I send cash pickups to Romania?
Branches of Speed Transfer network:
- Minimum per transfer = EUR 20
- Maximum per transfer = EUR 5,000
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Romania?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Romania?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Romanian ID card
- Romanian driving licence
Quote “Speed Transfer” and 9-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please have your recipient quote this when collecting the funds.