Support your future champion's education!
10 lucky winners will receive £1,000 (or the equivalent in your local currency) each to support their champion's education.
At WorldRemit, we understand the importance of education. We know that sending money can help the ones you love to achieve their dreams.
That’s why every time you send money to Africa with us, you’ll be in for a chance to win £1,000 (or the equivalent in your local currency) to further support your loved one's education.
We’ll be picking 10 lucky winners in total, so don’t miss your chance to change the life of someone you love!
How to send money
- Fill out your details in the application form below
- Send money online to Africa with us
How to send money
- If you are already a customer, you just need to send money home as usual, via our app or on our website. You can, for example, use the calculator on top of this page.
- If you’re new to WorldRemit, it takes only 2 minutes to create an account
Terms and Conditions
Prize draw terms and conditions here:
- The Back to School prize draw (the Prize Draw) is run by WorldRemit Ltd. (company no. 07110878) whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ (WorldRemit, we or us).
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and the winner. We may refuse to award the Prize (as defined below) where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the Prize Draw at worldremit.com/en/promotions/back-to-school-africa
- The prize is cash prize of GBP 1,000 (a Prize or collectively the Prizes).
- Where a winner’s country of residence is a country other than the United Kingdom, the exchange rate to be used for the calculation of the final value of the Prize is the exchange rate at the time that the Prize is sent to the winner.
- The Prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable.
How to Enter
- The Prize Draw will open on 19th August 2019 (the Opening Date) and will close on 30th September 2019 (the Closing Date). Final entries must be received by us by 23:59 GMT on the Closing Date. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible to win a Prize.
- We will select between one and two winners each week. If you do not win one week, you will be automatically re-entered for the next week. You do not need to enter more than once.
- The Prize Draw is open to all new and existing customers of WorldRemit who are of legal age of majority. You are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of WorldRemit or are otherwise connected with our organisation.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must:
- Fill out the application form with your full name, email address and phone number on worldremit.com/en/promotions/back-to-school-africa; and
- complete one (1) successful send money transaction to another individual in Africa using WorldRemit between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (a Transaction).
- The Transaction must be in PAID status for you to be entered into the Prize Draw.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any entries not received by us for any reason.
- Participants agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the Prize Draw including but not limited to anti-corruption, anti-bribery and anti-slavery laws.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to reject entries of participants where they are in breach of WorldRemit’s terms and conditions and in particular if they fail to comply with applicable laws when completing a Transaction, including but not limited to committing or attempting to commit any fraudulent act on their WorldRemit account.
Ownership and Use of your Entry
- By entering the Prize Draw, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry and your name in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes both during and after the Prize Draw, without any payment to you.
- There will be ten (10) winners in total.
- We will select between one and two winners each week using a random draw performed by a computer-generated process at WorldRemit.
- Once you have won a Prize you cannot win a Prize again.
- The winners will be contacted each week by email using the email address provided in their entry. If we can't contact the winners by email, we will use the phone number provided in their entry.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their Prize by 31stOctober 2019, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of the Prize from that winner and select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The Prizes will be deposited into each winner’s bank account that they use to make transactions with WorldRemit.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you adhere to any third-party terms that apply to your eligibility for the Prize.
Data and Marketing
- When you give us the information we ask for as part of the Prize Draw, you agree that we, our agents and our suppliers may use it (i) as needed to conduct the Prize Draw as we have described in these terms, and (ii) to contact you in the future for related marketing and promotional offers relating to the WorldRemit service.
- You may choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, or by contacting us via this form. You can also use the form to request to review, delete or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate. We aim to respond to all requests for access within 30 days. You can also contact us in writing at: WorldRemit Ltd, 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ
- Personal data supplied during the course of the Prize Draw may be passed on to third parties, insofar as required and necessary for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering the Prize Draw.
- We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
- indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering the Prize Draw);
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
- any failure to provide the Prize Draw, the Prizes or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in (i) the Prize Draw or (ii) aspects of the provision of the Prizes. We will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions where necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
- WorldRemit’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you wish to take court proceedings against WorldRemit you must do so in England.