Send money using a PC, smartphone or a tablet and money is deposited instantly in accounts at BDO.
- You will need the recipient's bank account number.
- Money will be transferred as soon as your payment is cleared.
- You can send money to checking/current, savings and business accounts
Why transfer to BDO online?
Banco de Oro (BDO) is one of the biggest banks in the Philippines. With more than 1,000 locations around the country, a bank transfer can be a simple and effective way to help support friends and family living, working or travelling in the Philippines.
At WorldRemit, you can perform a bank transfer to BDO online from more than 140 countries around the world at some of the most competitive exchange rates you’ll find. You can complete the transfer quickly, safely and securely and the money will be credited to the person you’re sending to’s BDO account instantly.
What details do you need to make BDO bank transfers?
To make a transfer to a BDO bank online you will need:
- Full name – To avoid any delays please enter your recipient’s name exactly as it appears on their bank statement
- Address – We need to know the city your recipient is in
- Account details – BDO accounts are normally 12-digits long
- Mobile number – We need your recipient’s mobile number so we can send them an SMS notification once the funds have been credited
- Reason for transfer – Tell us whether the transfer is for ‘family and friend support’, ‘purchase of services’, ‘property payment’ or ‘sending funds to self’. This helps us to understand how you are using our service so we can make it better for you in the future
What is the BDO Philippines exchange rate?
The Philippine peso is the only currency that can be sent to BDO accounts and there’s a maximum limit of PHP 500,000 per transfer. WorldRemit’s exchange rate to the Philippines fluctuates in line with the strength of the peso against currencies like the British pound and the US, Australian and Canadian dollar.
However, as specialists, we typically offer more favourable exchange rates and lower fees than you’re likely to receive from banks. We also show you the fees and the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront.