How to send money to Nigeria from the US
If you have friends or family living, working or travelling in Nigeria, you might want to send them some money or mobile phone airtime. With WorldRemit, you can send money to Nigeria from the USA; money that your loved ones will be able to access within minutes.
- Following a new directive from the Central Bank of Nigeria, cash pickup and bank transfers will now only be in US Dollars
- Cash pickup is available in USD from our cash pickup locations. See them listed in our FAQ, where you’ll also find the most recent updates about our service to Nigeria
- Bank transfers to Nigeria are available in US Dollars with Access Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, GTBank and UBA
- We’ve temporarily suspended our mobile money services to Nigeria
- Airtime top-up services remain available
How to send money from the USA to Nigeria
How do you want to send money?
Choose our bank transfer, cash pickup or airtime top up service to send money to your recipient in Nigeria in the most convenient way.
Who are you sending to?
Make a transfer to someone in Nigeria you’ve sent money to before or add the details of a new recipient.
How are you paying?
Choose how you want to pay for your money transfer from the USA to Nigeria. Use debit, credit or prepaid cards, Apple Pay or Android Pay.
What’s the best way to send money to Nigeria from the USA?
That depends on who you’re sending the money to, what they plan to do with the money and how quickly they need it.
- Cash pickup – Use our cash pickup service to transfer money from the USA to Nigeria - money that your recipient can collect in cash from more than 5,000 branches of Access Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, Polaris Bank and Zenith Bank across Nigeria. The cash will be ready to collect within minutes of when the transfer is completed.
- Bank transfer – Transfer money instantly from the USA to a US-domiciled Nigerian bank account. Over 90% of our bank transfers to Nigeria arrive in less than 1 hour
- Airtime top up – With WorldRemit, you can send more than just money from the USA to Nigeria. You can also use our airtime top-up service to add credit to prepaid Nigerian mobile phones on the Airtel, Etisalat, GLO, MTN and Visafone networks, so you always stay in touch with your friends & family.
What is a BVN number?
When making a bank transfer from the USA to Nigeria, you’ll be asked to enter your recipient’s BVN number. Find out more about what a BVN number is and how your recipient can get one.
Make your transfer using any device
You can make a money transfer to Nigeria from the USA with the WorldRemit website using any device. You can also download our free WorldRemit app for Android and iOS to send money from wherever you are in the USA, 24 hours a day.
No need to visit an agent. Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer
We use industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
90% of our transactions are completed in minutes
See our low fees and our best exchange rates up front, with no hidden costs