Send mobile money transfers to Paga in Nigeria
Please note: sending mobile money transfers to Paga in Nigeria is currently unavailable. However, you can still choose from Cash Pickup, Bank Transfer or Airtime Top up.
What is Paga?
Founded in Nigeria in 2009, Paga is a mobile payment company, which allows your friends and family to receive fast international money transfers directly on their mobile devices via a Paga mobile money wallet. Paga wallets can also be used to pay local bills, school fees and other goods and services at retailers.
How Paga wallets work
It’s simple for your friends and family to get a Paga wallet. They can either visit the website www.mypaga.com, download the Paga app on Google play or Apple store or visit a physical Paga agent. They can use any mobile number belonging to any telecommunication network to register. But they need to supply:
- Their name
- Their phone number
- Their full address
- A copy of a verifiable ID card
Once they have an account, they can receive, deposit and save money, purchase prepaid phone credit, pay utility and cable bills and make payments to retailers all by using their mobile phone. Paga works on both its website and a Paga app.
How to send to a Paga wallet
You can instantly, securely and conveniently send money to Paga wallets in Nigeria with WorldRemit.
- Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select Mobile Money as the preferred service
- Enter the amount you want to send – our low fees and exchange rate will be clearly shown
Then, you'll be directed to another page to:
- Create an account if you don't have one (you will be asked for your address, email, phone number)
- Enter your recipient's details – choose from a list of people you've already sent to, or add a new person by entering:
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Paga wallet only.
- Length: 10 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the wallet account number.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
Your funds should be instantly available. Plus, you and your recipient will be alerted by SMS and email when the money is available.
Is Paga safe?
Yes – your money is safe when you use a Paga wallet. The platform has been built with state-of-the-art security. Paga always protects your privacy, never giving your phone or private information to anyone unless required by law.
What’s more, when you send to Paga with WorldRemit you can be sure your money is safe.
What are Paga’s transaction costs?
Paga doesn’t charge your recipients for receiving an international transfer from WorldRemit.
Local charges apply for local transactions as follow:
How else can you send transfers to Nigeria with WorldRemit?
You have a choice of ways to make a transfer to your friends and family in Nigeria. As well as sending to Paga, you can also send bank transfers to all major Nigerian banks – over 20 in all.
Plus, you can send money for instant cash pick up and send an airtime top up.