How to transfer money to United Bank of Africa, Nigeria
United Bank of Africa, Nigeria
The United Bank of Africa is a leading pan-African bank that’s headquartered in Nigeria and operates across more than 20 African countries. It’s also known simply as UBA and UBA Nigeria.
- Funds are credited to UBA accounts instantly
- Enjoy bank-beating exchange rates and super-low fees
Due to local regulations, transfers to UBA business accounts are not permitted
Make a United Bank of Africa online money transfer
With WorldRemit, you can make a direct transfer to United Bank of Africa accounts from more than 50 countries around the world. Just create your free WorldRemit account, which takes 60 seconds, and you’ll be able to support your loved ones 24/7 using any device.
All you need are a few details from your recipient to get started. You can then transfer money to all personal accounts with the United Bank of Africa (checking/current and savings) and the funds will be credited within minutes.
How to send money to United Bank of Africa in Nigeria
Making a UBA bank transfer with WorldRemit is easy. Just go to the calculator at the top of this page and follow these simple steps:
- Select the ‘Bank Transfer’ service and click ‘Continue’
- Choose the payout network – in this case ‘Deposits to any NGN account at any other banks’
- Tap in the amount you want to send – you’ll see our competitive exchange rate and low fees upfront
- Create an account if you don’t already have one
- Add the details of a new recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before
- Select your payment method and pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email confirmation when the funds have been credited
What details will you need from your recipient?
We will ask you for some information about your recipient, so we can process the transfer. This will include:
- Full name – as it’s written on their bank statement to prevent delays
- Mobile number – so we can send them an SMS alert when the funds have been credited
- Sending reason – choose from ‘family and friend support’, ‘purchase of services’, ‘property payment’ or ‘sending fund to self’
- Bank account details – we need your recipient’s bank name, account number (account numbers are 10-digits long) and their bank verification number (BVN)
What’s the fastest way to send money to Nigeria?
A UBA bank online money transfer is just one of the ways you can send money to Nigeria with WorldRemit. Our other transfer methods include:
- Bank transfer – Transfer money to accounts with all the major banks in Nigeria and the funds will be credited instantly.
- Cash pickup – Send money that can be collected by your recipient from hundreds of pickup locations within minutes.
- Airtime top up – Top up the airtime of prepaid mobile phones on the Airtel, Etisalat, GLO, MTN and Visafone Nigerian networks so you can stay in touch.