Fidelity Bank is one of the leading retail banks in Nigeria, offering a comprehensive range of services that are used by more than 4 million customers. It has an extensive network of more than 240 branches across the country and a presence in all the major states and cities.
Fidelity Bank has always had a reputation for innovation, with a range of digital products that provide convenience and ease for its customers. In 2018, it took things one step further, partnering with WorldRemit to make it easier for the more than 15-million strong Nigerians living abroad to transfer money to friends and family members back home.
How to transfer money to Fidelity Bank
At WorldRemit, you can transfer money to Fidelity Bank from 50 countries around the world using a computer, laptop or smartphone. There are two different transfer methods you can use: a direct bank transfer or cash pickup.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Nigeria?
With both of these transfer types, bank transfer and cash pickup, your recipient will be able to access the funds within minutes of the transfer being made.
Bank transfers to Fidelity Bank in Nigeria
You can transfer money to current, checking and savings accounts with Fidelity Bank, making it a simple and secure way to send gifts and help to support family members and friends in Nigeria. There’s a maximum transfer limit of 7,000,000 Nigerian Naira (NGN) a day. Although lower limits may apply depending on the country you make the transfer from and your payment method.
How do you make a bank transfer to Fidelity Bank?
Making a bank transfer to Fidelity Bank with WorldRemit is simple, safe and secure and will take no more than a couple of minutes. Just follow the steps below:
- Select the payout-network – in this case ‘Deposits to any NGN account at any other bank’
- Enter the amount you want to send
- We’ll show you the low fees and the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront
- Enter your recipient’s details (we’d always advise you to double-check the bank account details with them first)
- Choose your payment method – bank account, credit/debit card, SOFORT, INTERACT, POLI or iDEAL (web) and confirm the amount
- You and your recipient will be alerted by SMS and email when the money is available
If your recipient doesn’t bank with Fidelity Bank, don’t worry. You can send money to all major Nigerian banks – there are over 20 in all.
Send money for cash pickup to Fidelity Bank in Nigeria
If your recipient needs quick access to cash, you might decide that it makes more sense to send money for cash pickup to Fidelity Bank. The process is very similar to a bank transfer, but in this case, your recipient will be able to collect physical cash from any branch of Fidelity Bank in Nigeria. The cash will be available for collection within minutes and a maximum of NGN 1,000,000 is permitted per transfer.
- Select the ‘Cash Pickup’ service in the ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Set ‘Fidelity Bank branches’ as the payout-network
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Select a person you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Choose how you want to pay
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications when the money has been sent and collected
To collect the cash, your recipient will need the 8-digit transaction number that’ll we send by SMS when the funds are ready to collect. After supplying the 8-digit transaction number, we’ll also send an additional 7-digit code to your recipient’s mobile phone. They’ll need this code to collect the money.
They’ll also have to show one form of official ID such as a Nigerian passport, a Nigerian driver’s licence or other government-issued photo ID.